|My Winter Home Yoga Space|
It's different for each person. Here are a few thoughts on the question:
1) Join a class and put this time on your calendar as an "appointment with yourself" for your mental, physical and spiritual health. If you can't go to a local class, do a free internet class with my favorite virtual teacher: Melissa West. She has over 400 free classes on her website and YouTube Channel.
2) Set up an area in your home where you can either leave your mat out all the time, or rolled up nearby. Take a look at your day-to-day schedule and find even just 15 to 30 minutes a day that you can dedicate this time as your "me" time.
3) At work, periodically do some stretches both standing and sitting to loosen up the body.
4) Standing in line at Walmart, or the grocery store, etc. practice balancing on one leg or the other. Practice breath awareness. Become aware of your posture and your core.
5) While doing the dishes, laundry or other "chores", practice breath awareness and being fully in the present moment - completely aware of what you are doing. Think about who will benefit from this activity - yourself, your significant other or children - and think about how this act of service is an act of love for those persons.
Just some thoughts. How do you make time for your yoga practice?
"Yoga takes you into the present moment - the only place that life exists." Unknown Author
|My Summertime Yoga Space|